Tuesday 4 August 2015

When you are muddled




My reflection tells me I have small eyes, a small forehead, asymmetric lips and a round face. Although I can describe my features clearly, I didn’t know if that accounts for beautiful. My grades tell me I am an average student. My report card remarks tell me I am diligent. I learnt about myself only through other people's perspectives. I was always in self-doubt, asking myself if I was intelligent, beautiful, well-dressed and capable. I was self-conscious.

People who are self-conscious feel like they will never know for sure if they are good at something. They criticize themselves more than required and that puts them in a box-Alone and afraid. And if you can relate to this you should know that the only way you can get out of the box is finding solutions to your questions that will break your self-criticism.

 The Universe is beautiful.  She is beautiful with her planets, the meteors, comets and stars. Life in the temperatures of the outer space is impossible. The decay of stars, the gamma ray explosions, the asymmetry and all her other flaws make her beautiful. The Universe is not perfect. And this resonates with us too. Therefore you are beautiful.  Don’t think of this as a derivation to indirectly conclude you are beautiful. This is one of the solutions to your questions. You are beautiful and it works best when you believe it.

Vince Lombardi once said, “The man on top of the mountain didn’t fall there.” That shouts out-It doesn’t matter if you were not born smart or artistic or a good singer. All that matters is if you’ve been giving yourself the time to engage in whatever you aspire to achieve.  If you want to be a painter, you only start to become one when you pick up that paintbrush and make those wonderful strokes on a paper or canvas. Remember, everyone has a story. The sole author of it is you. Start writing if you haven’t started and if you are not happy with where your story is heading, change the course.

Celebration! You are out of the box. You have identified the uniqueness in you and you are willing to take charge of your life. It feels good to embrace my features and qualities. It feels good to look into the mirror and see someone who smiles back. It feels confident to read the books I choose (even if others think I’m too dumb to do so), to paint my thoughts, to voice my opinions. It feels amazing to feel like a part of this world. We need you to try your best to improve this world, to make a change. We need you to represent all the awesomeness that you are when the aliens get here.
As far as other people are concerned, there are three kinds. You should be reading this like “That was so obvious. I wish I had seen this before.” Firstly, are those people who do not care for you.  For example, the pedestrians do not care about you unless you are involved with an accident. At such situations they care for you due to their civic sense. Delving deeper into the non-caring people, there are people in this world who do not care about you emotionally. The classmate of yours or your work partner may not simply give a damn about you. Even if you’ve tried striking off a casual friendship several times and they pretended like it didn’t happen. Don’t take this to your heart. Just do what they would highly appreciate of you-Leave them alone and flick them off of your mind. Don’t indulge in thoughts like, “Maybe he thinks of me, secretly.” “I am definite she has a crush on me and is too shy to admit it.” No! It doesn’t work like that. The second types of people are those who truly care for you. They respond to you and take interest in your activities. They don’t mind your phone calls. Let me just tell you, you’ll know about the second type of people over a period of time. These are the people who truly matter to you. But make sure they know you for you, with your true interests and passion. If you’ve been hiding who you are just to blend in to this group, start coming out of your shell. It is not difficult for you and that group to let this pass. Soon, you will have friends who relate to you and love you for you. Thirdly, are the people who care for you in a negative way. They might directly loathe you or they will secretly hope for your downfall. This is because of jealousy and narrow mindedness. Treat these people like how you would treat a non-caring person. You may be thinking, “Keep your friends close but your enemies closer.” Again no! Every person has a story; they must be respected for it.

So, three types of people and two ways of treating them really increases your confidence. The simplicity of viewing the people around you will make you strut the streets like you own it (beware of traffic though). Now that you are out of the box and being successful, take care that you don’t reach the other side of the scale- Over confidence. Stress on the fact that every person has a story and they deserve respect from you. Give yourself time and always give a chance to understand others. Don’t let yourself be muddled another time.

10 comments:

  1. First Post! Can I be the first to comment, please? :D

    I think it is a great way to initiate your blog, with a post that discusses beauty and trying to connect with it by first reaching out to the outside world the right way. I couldn't agree more on the three types of people you described, you keep the good ones closer and not spend your energy of those who wouldn't do it for you.

    P.S. I think it an honest blog name! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Manisha! I'm happy you liked it.

      Delete
  2. Hey! Cool writing! I really liked reading through! You got a good grip of the psychology of people and their behavior. After reading this, I am trying..

    Trying to GET OUT OF THE BOX.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superly written. Dis thought dwells in everyone's mind 😱

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really think this is a pretty inspirational first post! I like the idea of it being about beauty and being confident in your own skin. How you shouldn't be looking at others and feeling pressured to fit their mold, but to figure things out on your own. Great message! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Olivia-Savannah! I totally agree with you about not being pressured to compare yourself.

      Delete
  5. Wow fabulous first post, you write beautifully! Looking forward to reading more of your blog posts :)

    www.steffysstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steffy's style! I'm delighted to hear that.

      Delete